The Open Source Software Institute
For more than a decade, OSSI has been sharing the vision of open source across government technology systems.
OSSI is a membership-based, non-profit 501(c)(6) organization comprised of corporate, government, academic, and open source development community representatives.
Focused on a common goal to promote of the use of Open Source Software (OSS) in government OSSI sponsors and members work closely with government agencies to:
- Identify and cultivate new technologies
- Expedite the development of applications
- Security of Software and Systems
- Software Assurance
- Support for existing applications and systems
- Shorten the delivery cycle
- Serve as advisors to government and industry in the area of Open Source Software